- Apply for awards in your field. This could be an NEA grant, a Fulbright, a Guggenheim fellowship, or an artist residency at the MacDowell Colony. If you win an award, gather evidence on statistics for the award. How many people applied that year? Who were the judges?
- Apply for memberships, most particularly for memberships in your field that require achievements from their members.
- Work on gathering press about yourself.
- Work on the judge category. You could be on the panel that awards grants or artist residencies or evaluate student portfolios at a university.
- Consider what original contributions you have made to the field of major significance.
- Write and publish scholarly articles.
- Participate in exhibitions and showcases.